2011-11-09

2011 ShopRite LPGA Classic

Back in June, thanks to my sister's company being a sponsor of the event, I got a chance to go see a golf tournament.

On the day before the event, I mentioned to my sister that I would bring my camera (and of course, my telephoto lens) to take photos. To my dismay, my sister said that cameras are not allowed.

While sneaking in a DSLR may be possible, using it in the golf course would be difficult to hide. So, I decided to bring our small point & shoot camera, Canon S95, thinking that I would have a better chance of being able to use it on the golf course. That proved to be not the case. You see, I never knew one would be surrounded by many other spectators on a golf course. Well, that's not true, I've seen golf tournaments on TV before so I should have known. But for some reason, that did not occur to me before I stepped on the golf course myself. With so many people around me, it was quite difficult to use the camera even if it was small and this resulted in an album with mostly photos taken while I was in my sister's car.


The only photo I took while I was in the golf course. LOL.


Yani Tseng (in pink). A famous Taiwanese professional golfer that we followed throughout the day. I believe she came in 4th on that day.






A NYC view from highway. It's not often that I get to take these type of photos since I'm the one driving most of the time.


No comments: