2010-08-08

Rockefeller State Park & PepsiCo Headquarter

So in May, 2010, my sister found this state park for us to go, the Rockefeller State Park, at upstate NY. After arriving and getting ready to walk, we realized something is not right. Apparently, this park is more of a hiking place than a leisure walk one. And since my sister's research failed to say that, we were totally unprepared. Can you imagine us going there with sandals and stroller??? Fortunately, there's a lake in the park and a trail going around it. We at least finished that. Got to get our $6 parking fee's worth, right?

Because the scenery around the lake was mostly the same, Cadi got impatient in the stroller very quickly and so we also tried to finish the walk quickly. This is my favorite from the park.



Our second destination on that day was to go to the Pepsi Company headquarter to see the art sculptures on the company's campus. On the way there, we stopped by the town of Sleepy Hollow to check out this "Headless Horseman Bridge" that my sister found on her GPS. But guess what, another HUGE disappointment, all there was is this carved headless horseman metal piece nearby the short bridge, the bridge is otherwise just like any other regular road. Nothing to see here. That is, unless you are willing to pay a hefty sum to see famous mensions. The departure station to see the mansions is next to the bridge and so we parked the car and checked out the gift shop there. Near the gift shop are these two old houses that also require a fee to go into. Not having the budget, I just shots from the parking lot. Beautiful houses though.




After we left the oh so scarily named "Headless Horseman Bridge", my sister, not satisfied with her trip result on that day, took out her GPS again and found another place for us to visit. I don't remember the details on this one, but it was supposed to be a fighting ground from a long time ago but it's now just a very, very small regular park located somewhere in a residential neighborhood.

For the Pepsi headquarter, we weren't expecting much after three disappointments on the same day. Surpringly, Pepsi headquarter turned out to be quite a nice gem in our opinion. The sculptures there reminded me of the Storm King state park that I've visited (recommended). While I don't like every sculptures there, some looked pretty cool. Best of all, admission is free.




No, this is not one of my favorite but it's just weird. I have no idea what this is supposed to be.




It's rare that I can take a photo from a car when on the road but since my sister was driving, I did.

No comments: