2009-05-07

4/17/2009 - Jannelle + Lin Weddings

Lin, a tall guy whom I met in our youth group a couple years ago, asked me to photograph his wedding ceremonies on 4/17/2009 and of course I said "Yes".

What's interesting about this couple is that they had two vastly different ceremonies on that day.  One held in a Buddhist temple and one held in a church nearby where Jannelle grew up.  Different religions among families can sometimes be a problem so it's nice to see what this couple did.



The first ceremony at the temple was held in the morning.  Here are some photos that I like.
Lin's sister helping him with his traditional "tuxedo".  :)  I love the face expression of Lin's cousin? on the left side.

 
According to the shop lady, Jannelle and Lin are the first borrowing these traditional clothes so these closes are completely new.  Kudos to this couple for going with this radical route. =D
 
 
With their traditional clothes, I wanted to create an old fashioned looking photo as well.  I think Jannelle definitely has the look here but I'm not sure if I have acheived 100% of what I really wanted.
  
The traditional Chinese wedding bow.  I like how you can see the people tilting their body to the middle more and more to see or photograph this couple.

While Jannelle's parents and Lin's mom and uncle are signing official documents at the front, the couple was entertaining the crowd in the back.  I love how I can see the couple looking at each other here and the crowd looking at them...smiling.
While giving the speech, Lin's mom became very emotional and so did Lin and Jannelle.  You can't see it in this photo of course.  :)
The song they were singing is in Chinese.  Since Jannelle does not speak Chinese, she constantly looked up at Lin for support and I believe Lin was trying to teach her to sing.  Very sweet.

When I said "Be goofy", this is the result.  You need to enlarge the photo to see how cooperative Jannelle was.  Lin, you disappoint me.  :)

 
This photos is way funny.  The boy in the back is copying what the girl is doing.  =D
These are very "Lin", either expressionless or the big smile.

 
Joy said why put up this photo, no one knows what she's doing anyway.  I think people can tell (if they look carefully) but in case they can't, I'll explain here.  Joy is giving a congratulate card to Lin.  There's a pocket in his sleeves.
 
This one is quite funny as well.  The person trying to run away went up to the couple wanting to congratulate them but then instinctively said, "Happy New Year".  But can't blame her, the couple does look very Chinese New Year.  :)
Later in the afternoon, another ceremony took place.  Unlike the first, the second ceremony was very intimate.  Consisted of both side's family members only.
Having only attended a church wedding once (and that was a long long time ago) and never photographed any previously, I found myself running around the place quite a bit and missed certain shots.  Sorry, guys.
A portrait taken before Lin arrived at the church.
The bride's side preparing to enter.  As soon as the organ started playing, they enter.  I thought that the groom was supposed to have a walk-in as well but there wasn't one.
Not only does the lady plays the organ, she sings too and quite well may I say.  Can you tell I'm a total newbie at church weddings.  :)
 
 
 
After the ceremony.  Taken in the church with the light coming from the Window.  Very cool I think.  :)
And there was still plenty of sunshine outside so we went out and took some photos.  I like the following photos.
 
  
  
 

Lin and Jannelle, thanks for inviting me to be part of your weddings and being brave enough to have me photograph them too.  Hope you are happy with at least some of the photos I've taken.  =D

1 comment:

Fanny said...

Very Very elegant pictures. Thanks for sharing.
I love the post-church ceremony pictures. and the Pre-chinese ceremony pictures.
Espcially the one where Janelle walks down the stair way.
(and.. sorry, but i already advertised the album) :P